Back in Sept or around that time (it has been so long I can't remember), some ladies in my ward started a knitting class. I thought it would be fun to try my hand at knitting AGAIN. I learned back when I was around 10 or so (Merrie Miss age--did I just date myself?)and got only about 3 inches on a very wide, very red scarf. So I thought it was time to learn again. I started a scarf for one of my little girls and finished that rather quickly. Then they taught us how to pearl as well and the next project was a matching hat. Let's just say, I started it in like November and then put it down until last week. I am happy to say I finished it today! I thought I would run out of yarn so added a stripe in the middle and I was happy when J said she liked it. I am so thrilled with it that I have started a scarf for K in bright pink of course and a hat for me in white and tan. I am hoping that it will not take me as long now that I know how to do it. Even though it is the first day of spring, I think if I hurry we can still enjoy them before the threat of snow disappears. Here in Colorado, that should give me another month. Guess I better get busy!
5 comments:
The hat/scarf turned out cute and she looks happy wearing them. Good for you!
I went to Merrie Miss and had to cross stitch something which then would be turned into a pillow...yeah I never finished so it never happened. Make sure you post the hot pink scarf! lol
SO CUTE, Mel! Great job! It is about 70 degrees here today...I showed T the pic of J and he kind of giggled. ;)
They came out great! Don't you just love the sense of accomplishment when you complete a project like that? You inspire me to try to finish the baby samplers I started for the boys 19 and 17 years ago .......
I tried leaving a comment the other day when I first saw this post but it wouldn't let me so I am trying again.....
Good job it looks great. I love finishing those "unfinished" projects that sit in the closet and bug me, so way to go girl!
Post a Comment