Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It is Done!

For Family Night last night, we decorated our Christmas trees.  We were so tired from running like crazy on Saturday, that we put the tree up and left it until last night. 

It is always fun to decorate the tree together.  I let the kids pick out a new ornament every year and it is fun to see what they pick.  T is into the series ones and so I know it will be the plane every year.  That is the way it has been for like the last 10 years.  The girls are a different story as they change around like crazy.  M for a few years got the Harry Potter ones, but this year went back to the sports theme as she has in the past.  K seems to always pick doggies of some sort and J went totally different this year and picked a snowglobe-like one with her name on it that lights up.   We let the kids put whatever ones up they want from past years, so thank goodness we have an 11 foot tree.  And now, we have a smaller one in the basement for them to add ones to as well.  What will my hubby and I do when the kids are gone and they take all their ornaments with them?  Our tree will be bare I think.

basement tree

It always seems to take such a long time but it is worth it in the end.  The kids got to bed so late that is another reason why I was glad it was a snow day today.  Otherwise they would be dragging at school.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Your trees look lovely! All we have on our basement tree are the lights so far, so I need to get on the move to catch up with you! Looks like you're on the path to a great Christmas!

Em said...

That is a really cool idea letting the kids pick out their own ornaments and then they take them with them when they are grown. I may steal that idea :)

Rach said...

Yeah! We finally got our tree up and decorated the other day. Now, it really feels like Christmas!

Tara said...

Yeah! They look great!