Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Creations

Can I just say-------BYU ROCKS! I just finished watching them kick Oregon in their bowl game in Vegas.  What an exciting game-the Cougars were so hyped!




I was happy to finally get to try a recipe of my mothers that always tastes so good.  It is homemade carmels and I think I did okay for my first try.  I made them for friends and hope to get them delivered tomorrow. (it is snowing right now and the storm is only going to get worse from what I heard, so we will see...)  I know, I am late.  I usually have my gifts done and given out the week before Christmas.  It has been crazy this year.

Look how cute these are----

I put these together today with the intention of putting my carmels in them as a "cute and clever" way to present the gift, but discovered that once I got 2 carmels inside the jar, it was very hard to get them out.  And then I wouldn't get to fit the amount I wanted to give, so I had to go to Plan B-clear candy bags with cute tags on them.  What to do with these cute Christmas jars now?  I guess I will store them away for next year. (if I remember where I put them or that I even have them when the year is up)

I am very excited for this snow that we are getting.  We are hopeful that it will last until Christmas because it has been a very long time since we have had a white Christmas (or so it seems).  If only this storm could have waited 2 more days.  Anyway, the snow sure makes the Christmas lights look even more festive.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I don't know ... the story of the jars cracked me up. They look so cute too! I hate when a good idea like that doesn't pan out.

Your house looks so great and Christmassy. I love the snow for Chrismas too. It's exciting to have a White Christmas, isn't it?

Jean McKendrick said...

Merry Christmas! How fun you are getting snow today! I love those jars, I want to see a closer picture. I can't tell how big they are or how you did them. Details... :)