I can honestly say I was spoiled this year for my birthday. Mind you, I get great presents every year, but I finally got what I have wanted for so long. I have actually never asked for these things, but have secretly wanted them forever. I know----how did I ever think I would get them if I didn't ask for them. Well, the biggest reason is they are not cheap. I think all us moms feel this way,but I feel I can't ask for expensive things because the kids are always in need of things and all those things add up. Not to mention all the other things that have to be paid for, like the house, car, gas, food. So I have just kept thinking that one of these days I would get them. Well, one of those days is finally here. Would you like to know what my birthday gifts were this year? I guess I have made you wait long enough--goodness knows I have.

You know I have never had a new computer---ever. I always get my hubby's old one when he gets a new one, so this is really exciting for me. Let me tell you, my old one was sooooo slow and had many problems with it. I guess my hubby was tired of hearing me complain out loud when something went wrong. I am enjoying how fast things load, but it has some new things that I am having a hard time getting used to. Old habits die hard you know!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to take pictures. I can't believe how many I take myself. As I was downloading my pictures from my old computer to the new one, it transferred over 14,000 pixs. Granted, that was for the last 3 years, but that is still a lot of pixs. I have gotten some really good pictures over the years, but I have always dreamed of taking those fabulous pictures that you see with the brillant colors and clear closeups with the fancy lighting. So I am super excited to have this new camera to hopefully get those kinds of pix. It is very confusing with all the buttons and gadgets it has. The manual has over 300 pages and I am not even close to being through it all. I will never remember it all anyway, so I guess it will have to be trial and error. So don't be surprised if I don't answer the phone---I will be too busy testing out my new toy. Maybe I am going to have to start a photo blog like a few of my friends have???
THANK YOU honey for being so wonderful and spoiling me on my birthday. I love the gifts but I love you more!
7 comments:
/Cheer!
Awesome! I would love a camera like that too but fear I'd never figure it all out. You do the figuring out and maybe someday when I get mine you can walk me through the cool stuff it can do. :)
So AWESOME!! You got spoiled this year, way to go Karl!! We need to go on "picture hikes" together. I know what you mean about the manual - it's huge, but you'll figure it all out eventually!
SWEET! I love taking pics too... ;)
You deserve all you got and then some! Glad "some day" finally got here for you!
Nice...love it! I have a fancy camera that I don't know how to work either. I want to take a photography class. Again, I wish you were closer, we could totally do it together :(
Melanie! Happy Belated Birthday! You and your daughter look a lot alike, and that is a compliment to both of you. You come up to Parker for v-ball games and don't even call me??? Shameful. Where does he play? Your kids sure look grown up...they are so handsome/beautiful. I will be sure to let you know when this little one decides to make her entrance. You're amazing!
Post a Comment