OK well, maybe not ALL mine.....I am sure there are at least a couple others that share my birthday.....
But I finally have a day to myself and can do whatever I want.......OK, that is not true either... this day was packed just like all the others......
I wish I could say I was able to sleep in this morning and got breakfast in bed, but I was lucky enough to have my baby come snuggle with me before school. I love those simple birthday gifts! She wanted me to come to school and spend the day with her or stay home to be with me. I hope that she feels that same way when she is a teenager.
I took M to her ortho appointment and I overheard one of the ladies talking to M as I was making her next appointment. She said--wow you look so much like your mom, you guys could pass for twins. I am going to take that as I look youthful, although I am not sure that M appreciated the remark. What do you think? Could we really pass for twins? (don't comment if you think I look too old-just humor me please-I'm feeling old!)
I was so happy when a good friend of mine called to ask me to lunch. YuMmY!! Thanks Girlfriend--you are the best! It was nice to visit and eat and laugh without kids--then again, that is normal for us.
That was the easy part, the rest of the day was a bit more complicated.
M was involved with the Knowledge Bowl at another school, so she missed track to attend that. She finished just in time to meet us at the school for the play. T came home from track and was going to leave immediately for his volleyball games in Parker for the whole night. I was bummed I couldn't go but more bummed he didn't want to spend the evening with me. But he surprised me by texting me from school telling me he wasn't going. I felt bad and am not sure the real reason why, but also glad that he decided to stay home. (I was a bit worried too of the drive he would make with another teenager going that far in the dark)
J had her drama performance tonight of "101 Dalmations". It was a great play and she did a fabulous job as LUCKY. She looked so cute in her black and white outfit. She will do it all again tomorrow night for their Dinner Theater, which we can't attend cuz T has a dinner we need to go to. (don't get me started--I thought tonight was crazy) I got better pictures than I normally do--it helped that we were on the front row.
Before the play there was an Art Show to display the kid's artwork. Every child had something up and so they were excited for me to see what they created. There were all sorts of drums for them to play as well. K got a kick out of that.
We did manage to open a few presents and have dessert when we got home--Chocolate Cream Pie.
And we were lucky to witness the first real thunderstorm of the season after that. There was lightning everywhere and then came the hail. It was a pretty cool storm.
I ended the day with a phone call from a lifelong friend. We have this great knack of feeling like we just talked yesterday when in fact it has been months. We seem to just pick up from where we left off.
It was different than a normal birthday but it was a fun day and I know we will find some time this weekend to celebrate as a family!
Class Picture
14 years ago






4 comments:
What a crazy day! I think that you really DO need a "YOU-do over" day! Sounds like fun, though. I thought about you all day... especially when the storm came in because I know you love that!
Happy Birthday!
I am glad your day was good even if it was jammed packed! :o)
Sounds like you had a good day! Anymore isn't that how all birthdays seem to go, even the kids'? Every day seems to be filled with something, lots of something's in fact, hard to find time to celebrate often times. Happy Birthday!
You really did pack a lot into your special day. But would you really want it any other way? There'll be a time when your house is empty and you'll miss these days, I promise! Glad you have a family that loves and appreciates you as much as you deserve. :D
Post a Comment