Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Moves On

So today is J's day as she graduated from 5th grade and moves on into middle school next year.  I can't believe she is done with elementary school and I will only have one left there.  (ok, no dwelling on that...let's keep going)  I pulled M and K from school so they could attend--T had finals so had to miss it.  We were happy that my hubby's parents could join us, too.
She looked so pretty in her dress and stood taller than most of the girls in her grade.  She looked so grown up to me today.  I guess that is how it should be, right?!  BTW, this was the very dress that M wore when she graduated from 5th grade.  Kind of cool, huh!
She was happy to have her teacher, Mrs. Moothart, at the ceremony as she has been on maternity leave since April.  We have such great teachers at this school.  And with this being the 3rd child to graduate from here, I have gotten a chance to know each teacher very well.  It is fun when one child gets the same teacher that an older sibling has had. (T had this same teacher---before she was married or had kids)
J also received a certificate for being on the AP Honor Roll for her good grades.  At the end of the program, the kids were asked to stand if they had participated in certain extra things at school.  J ended up standing for almost every one of them:  basketball, Landsharks running, choir, drama, District track meet, student council and being one of the few that have actually been in the school for the whole 6 years.
 WAY TO GO J!
(you're a 6th grader now)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Way to go J! Very cool! We loved Mrs. Moothart. She was C's teacher when we were there... :o)

Jean McKendrick said...

Crazy she is going into middle school. She was just a little girl when I left (but I guess that has been 4 1/2 years ago now).