Friday, May 14, 2010

A------LO-------HA!!

Tonight was the annual end-of-school Luau at the elementary.  We go every year and we always have such a fun time.  This year was no exception.  The only difference is that it was just me and the little girls--the others had other things going on....but we sure had a blast.  I think I have more fun than the kids.  We make sure to dress the part--hawaiian shirts, flip flops, leis, grass skirts... the whole bit.  The same guy DJ's the music every year and he always does a great job.  Some of the dances that we did were the Hokey Pokey, the Macarana, Electric Slide, Cuban Shuffle, Chicken Dance, Cha Cha Slide.......Ans yes, I did every single one of them.  There was a hula hoop contest (yes, I tried that one too) and the limbo (I drew the line at that one).  It was tons of fun and I even got a good workout in as well as laughing so hard my cheeks hurt. 


2 comments:

Jean McKendrick said...

That looks like so much fun!

Holly said...

SO MUCH FUN! I remember we went one year...it was fun. :)