Friday, April 29, 2011

Awesome Kids!!

I have awesome children!  They are so fun to be with and they are such good kids....I am truly blessed.

Days like today make me so proud to be their mother.  I was beaming with pride today at the Sand Creek High school Academic Lettering Ceremony.  Actually it was a school assembly, but one of the things they did was present awards to the kids that have a 3.5 GPA or higher for the semester.

M received her FIRST certificate as a freshman.  Not surprised on that at all....she is such a good student.  They had them stand where they were in the bleachers.  I am so glad that her friends are as smart as she is!  Makes for some good examples.

T received his FIFTH!!!  What a great accomplishment to get it every semester so far in high school.  He got to walk out when his name was called.  Always very confident and knows how to make a good entrance!

Seven is the highest he can go, so I look forward to see both of them up there again for this semester.  I have some pretty smart kids!
Also, they each "ran out" for a spring sport during the assembly.  T for volleyball and M for Track.  I love that my kids are so into sports......how can they not with me as a mother?  I love going to support them in all their meets, matches, games.....whatever you want to call them.  I am their biggest fan!!!


And this what T will be next year.......
Not ready for that, but what fun he is going to have being the big man on campus!!

Not to be out down by the teenagers, my younger girls also get recognized in this post.....Last night was the Mother/Daughter Activity Days night where the girls honored their mothers.  They wrote me letters and made a banner for me expressing their favorite quality of me.(Hence the red banners draped around my shoulder)  J dubbed me "Mrs. Creativity" and K called me "Mrs. Snuggle Buggle".  I like those qualities too and I am glad that I do some good things that my children see.  It made me happy to be able to be with my girls that night.  I also was able to write them a letter in return to surprise them that night.
I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with the best kids around.  They all have so much potential and growing into some very fabulous human beings.  I am the luckiest mom ever!  Keep up the good work my wonderful children!!!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

You do have awesome children! The thing that's always impressed me with your kids is how respectful and nice they are. I've never come up against that "attitude" you can with some kids. It's so refreshing to say hello or ask how your kids are and they actually answer! We've got a good bunch in our ward.

karen,.mckay.palmer said...

And I am the luckiest Grandmother.
Your blog brought tears to my eyes.

I am so pleased with your great family.