First off was Co-ed Softball. That was great for my hubby and M as they love the sport. I on the other hand do not play so I was happy to sit on the sidelines and watch. Ok, I did cheer, even though I didn't have my pom poms. And we did AWWWWWWE.......SOMMMMMME!! We won both the games despite the oven like temperatures.
I was thrilled to hear the Stake President (who happens to be in our ward) say that they would also be playing co-ed volleyball and basketball. Now those sports I can do so I will be there. It will be fun too as my hubby and T play VB and M plays BB. Nothing like getting to play some with the kiddos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, our ward had a campout as they do every year. However this year, we held it for 2 nights rather than one. It was in a new place too that was full of trees and a playground for the kids. Even though my hubby and T did not come up AT ALL, I took the girls and we had a blast. There were several ladies that were on there own for one of the nights, but I think I was the only one without a male in my group. But we had plenty of support from friends and we had a great time.
We played games, relaxed with a book, played volleyball and enjoyed the playground equipment, went geocaching, chatted with friends and of course, ATE! Some good friends that moved away several months ago even came back to camp and so it was fun to visit with them.....we even got in a game of Settlers with them after we got back home. Oh how I miss those game nights with them.
It was a nice get-away with great weather and fun times and campfires. At first, there was a ban on all fires, but we got lucky and that ban was lifted the week we camped. There is nothing like sitting and watching a campfire and the stars in the sky. The first night, everyone vanished except for a handful of us...my good friend and her husband and also the friends that moved away......we had a great time talking and laughing about all kinds of things (I won't mention them, but we did have a great time laughing about the word "haboob".....can you tell those friends moved to Arizona).
The next night, the ward put on a fireside around the fire and we roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores. Everyone pulled out the firewood they brought but then after the s'mores were eaten, they all went to bed. Where is the fun in that......we had all this wood. So a few guys came back after awhile, and even a few ladies, but they didn't last long. We, the same people from the night before, plus M and another kid, stayed up again til midnight enjoying the fire and laughing some more. I am sure everyone heard us, but it was lots of fun anyway. And we really did try to keep it down.
It was great to get to know some of the newer members of the ward.....we have had a lot move out AND in lately, so this was a great opportunity to visit with those that are new. A fun time was had by all I think and we look forward to doing it again next year. Maybe I can get my men to come with me then.
2 comments:
You are a great example for the Ward members, espcially the sisters as you support all the Ward Activities.
Again .. I tried to get the pixs, but was again unsucessful.
You are a great example for your Ward members, especially the sisters. My buttons are bursting with pride.
Post a Comment