So we got down on the floor and I taught them how to play Jacks. They had so much fun and was amazed that I could pick up four at a time without dropping the ball. I remember playing that game on the kitchen floor when I was little.
I also found these.....
These dolls are homemade out of wood with felt.....loved these.
Found these too......
K wanted to know if this was real.......
And these.......
I never had Barbies of my own when I was growing up but I had the "Dawn" doll. She was little but she was my favorite (ok, she was my only doll like that I had) I did get a Barbie Camper...not sure why since I had no Barbies (my sisters did), but it was totally cool. My parents decided to have a garage sale one day and put these dolls and my camper in it. I didn't want to sell them, but I guess I didn't have a say???? Not sure, but when my mom was not looking, I snuck out and got these dolls and hid them in my room. The camper was too big, so it went away....so sad. I didn't take these dolls out forever for fear that my mother would find me playing with them. I am not sure whose baby that is, but I like it and it was small enough to conceal, so.....
It was fun to open that box again. Wish I would have remembered them when the girls were little so they could have played with them too. Good memories! I love boxes like that...have several more.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I haven't thought of some of those things for years. I played jacks and with paper dolls too. They were cool cuz you could make stuff for them so easily. Nowadays the idea of carrying a rabbit's foot sort of gags me, but I loved them when I was little!
I think I had most of those, the jacks, the rabbit's foot, the paper dolls and I had Barbies! fun to see those toys!
Post a Comment