We were able to see T in his first "official" duty as Group Commander......leading his corp in the parade. It was wonderful....he looked so sharp in his beret and ascot (even though he hates the ascot). Do you see him? smack dab in the middle....I could pick him out a mile away!
As soon as I saw him, my heart started to beat faster (just as it is as I write this post) and I was filled with pride. I can not describe the feeling I had at that moment. To see my son with such a big responsibility, carrying out his duties so effortlessly and with such poise and dignity, not to mention looking so dang handsome to boot. It was just so overwhelming to me that by the time he got right up to us, I had a tear in my eye.....ok more than one. I wanted to walk right beside him the whole way....just wanted to be right there with him as a proud mom! What I really wanted to do was run right out in the middle of the street and start taking pictures but somehow I knew that was not the most appropriate thing to do....darn it!
*Here he is turning to say a command as they had stopped for a minute
The morning weather turned out to be not so bad. It was suppose to be cold and very windy. I told the girls to dress warmly and they thought I was nuts. But they were happy they did after getting there and feeling the wind coming up their pant legs. In fact, when we got out of the car, I asked them if they wanted a blanket and they all just looked at me as if I was crazy. So I grabbed one and told them they ought to take one. K ended up grabbing a light weight one but that was it. After we had sat there for about 10 minutes, they decided that they wanted something more.....can I say I told you so!!!! So it started out chilly, but then the sun came out and so did the gloves and jackets about three quarters of the way through. So it turned out to be a nice day for a parade. (It did start to rain about 30 minutes after we got home, so phew!)
*At the start of the parade without the extra blankets
Good job T.....you looked fantastic and we loved hearing you command your corp. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
I did take pictures of the rest of the parade, so here you go!
*I love the "pooper scoopers" following behind the horses
These next 3 pictures I posted for my dad! He was in the Korean War, so this first pix is honoring him for his service! The other 2 are just a bit of nostalgia for him!
*Sand Creek Band---awesome!
*Don't you love this float? The end of the parade...any guesses? Yep, street sweepers followed immediately behind the last float.
And a good time was had by all!
1 comment:
I love it, Mel! T has become such a handsome young man! You should be proud! :)
Post a Comment