Can you hear it now???? I love the Lion King movie. It was T's favorite when he was little and he watched it over and over again. He could easily watch it 5 times a day. I soon had to put a limit on it.... only get to watch it once a day. Seems ok, right? But he would have a hard time with that....he loved it that much. He even had a stuffed Simba that he wore the fur down to almost nothing as he would sleep with it every night.
Now, we move up from there......the Broadway musical of The Lion King. Have wanted to see if for so long that I can't remember. But of course, it seemed lost as I have not been to NYC and not sure that I will ever get there. So it went on my bucket list.
However, last year at this time I found out that it was coming to Denver for the next theater season and of course, jumped on it. Decided that ALL the family needed to see it as it was a classic in our family. Gave them all the tickets for Christmas last year and they were like....oh....wow....ok. Yea, not thrilled at all. It was a disappointment that they didn't seem to care. Oh well, I was excited enough for the whole family. The kids have never been to a production like that so I knew they didn't truly understand.
Finally, after waiting one whole year with the tickets in my possession.......we went to the Lion King yesterday in Denver......it was AWWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMMMME! (just saying)
We had pretty good seats....good enough that when the show started a huge elephant and some antelope came trotting on by us....through the side doors and right down the aisle to the stage singing the opening song. It was amazing how they depicted each animal. I think my favorite were the giraffes.....hard to believe that each animal was a person. The grass and leaves were even people.
*yes the giraffes are people...believe it or not*
*Scar and Mufasa...when they moved down like that, their masks would go over their faces....otherwise they were on the top of their heads....it was very cool*
*the hyenas were funny looking*
*Pumba and Timon*
*Rafiki was totally funny*
*Zazu sounded just like the voice in the movie*
It was a fabulous production......highly recommend it to everyone, young and old. They followed the movie pretty good, although they did add a few extra songs in there, but it was fun to see how they depicted the movie scenes.
To make the day complete.....dinner at Cafe Rio! Delish!
It was a great "first" musical to take the kids to. I wish we would have taken them sooner but it really isn't cheap to take 6 people. It was a good experience for them, even though they all grumbled that I told them NO JEANS for this family outing. But they all had a great time and we are looking forward to the next one we get to all go to. Want a hint??????









No comments:
Post a Comment