Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Even Mom's Need a TIME OUT!

So I was lucky enough to get to go to Time Out for Women this year in Denver.  I have heard about it and have wanted to go for years.  I finally decided the day I got the info in the mail that I was going to make it happen this year for sure.  I called 3 girlfriends and they all agreed right away.  We went up on a Friday afternoon, had some dinner and headed over to the building for the evening speakers.....Mary Ellen Edmunds and Heidi Swinton...and Dallyn Vail Bayles sang for us.  It was wonderful. 
Then we headed over to our hotel and stayed up and talked til after midnight. There was much laughter and even some jumping on the beds.  Where was the camera when I needed it then???  After a nice breakfast the next morning, we headed back to the venue for a full day of speakers, music and shopping in the TOFW store.  So many fun things to see AND buy.
Our speakers for this day were....Emily Watts, Mariama Kallon,  and D. Kelly Ogden.  Hilary Weeks sang and chatted with us as well.  We took a break for lunch and headed out for food.  We had some extra time and it just so happens that Hammonds Candies factory was right across the street from lunch, so we stopped in for a treat....caramel covered marshmallows (yum) and for me, cinnamon bears (one weakness of mine).  Then it was back for more speakers and song.
**Those are the marshmallows behind us that I mentioned above...pretty darn tasty!**

We were right in the middle of Merrilee Boyack speaking to us and the lights went out.  Now remember that we are in this big warehouse type room, so the only light was from the doors in the back of the room.  It also meant that there was no microphone so we couldn't hear her.  She ended up coming off the stage and into the middle of the room and yelled her talk until they could come up with a makeshift mic.  Someone shined a light on her and she was able to finish her talk.  We sat and visited until they decided that the final speaker would just bear her testimony and we would leave early.  So, Emily Freeman stood up and told us that she had prayed that she wouldn't have to give her talk today and that she was happy to just bear her testimony.  Half way through, the power came back on and she was able to give us her entire message she had prepared and it was wonderful.  Hilary Weeks sang more and you could really feel the spirit in that giant hall.

It was a fabulous weekend filled with uplifting messages of hope and spirit.  I was happy to have good friends around me to share this with me.  I will always remember the "butt walk" from the lady in front of us, the back scratcher lady and the "clicker".  We laughed a lot and it was nice to get away from the rat race for a couple of days.  It is well worth the money and effort to go...so you all should go if you can.  HEY LADIES.......next year again....right?!!!!!!  And I might even bring my camera next time! :)
After leaving, we headed straight for IKEA to shop and eat.  One of my friends had not been there before so we spent the extra time showing her everything (so we were there for a long time) but the rest of us didn't mind, cuz we love this store!  We each bought a few things and then headed to the cafe for some yummy meatballs and a fabulous slice of chocolate cake! And then we laughed all the way home......8:00pm was even too early for us to have it end.

Thanks ladies for a wonderful time at our sleepover!  *CLICK*
***Note:  As I was putting my bag in the trunk of my friend's car, K was outside and came to say goodbye.  She saw the bag and said, "What?  You are going on a sleepover?"  I laughed and told her that even adults like to have sleepovers too.  She was so sweet as she gave me a hug.  I noticed that she had tears in her eyes as she said goodbye.  She really is a momma's girl...the other kids could care less that I was leaving.

No comments: