Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful for Quiet

So this Thanksgiving was the first time in years that it was just us for dinner....yep, no visitors.  It was different and I was longing for family, but it was nice for a change.

     *got to sleep in...always a plus these days

     *not having to dress nice (or get dressed at all)

     *there was plenty of elbow room at the table...not to mention that we all fit at the same table

     *naps were taken after stuffing ourselves without guilt of leaving company alone

     *more leftovers than normal....still made the same amount (I love turkey sandwiches)

So because it was so low-key, this is the only picture that was taken...
 
Of course, it is always important to use the nice dishes complete with matching tablecloth and the ever fancy Martinelli's.  I made THREE  different kinds of pies this year....cherry, apple, and pumpkin (you can never have too much pie)  I should have taken a pix of them cuz they were "beautiful"....nothing like homemade pies...no store bought pies in this house!

So grateful for all I have...especially the great family I have.  I can always count on them no matter what.  Life is hard and it is nice to know that they will always love you and be there for you.  I am so happy that we are a forever family!   I am also lucky to have some really close friends that will be there for me, whether they live nearby or they are a phone call away... someone that will not judge me --- someone that I can confide in and they won't tell anyone else, no matter what! --- someone who will always forgive me if I do something stupid and still want to hang around me when I am being super silly and maybe even obnoxious --- somone who genuinely cares for me and doesn't put up a false front --- someone who is happy for me when I do something good and supports me in the things that I do.....those are true friends and I am grateful for those that I have in my life at this time.  They keep me going!

So now that Thanksgiving is over, I am excited for the next holiday.....CHRISTMAS!  I am the kind of person that thinks Christmas needs to wait until the turkey has been served and eaten...won't play Christmas music before NOW, thinks Christmas lights need to wait to be turned on til NOW....you get my drift.  I don't consider myself a "ba humbug", just like to keep it all in order.  So now turkey day is over....let the lights shine and the music sing!  (as you can tell by the change in my background and blog music)

And to kick off the season.....today was Black Friday and I had so much fun shopping with different members of my family and all by myself....hit several stores and got a lot accomplished..... yes, my hubby and I were some of those crazies that hit stores at midnight. Then I was up to go to more throughout the day.  I get so excited when I find good deals and find fun things for my family and friends.  I love Christmas and giving to those I love.  The Christmas spirit is alive and growing in our house today. I love it!  So honey......when are we putting the lights up on the house????/

No comments: