Friday, November 6, 2009

Finally Something Different!

Also this week, J finally had her 5th grade music program.  It was suppose to be last week, but of course, it fell on a Snow Day so it was cancelled.  I mentioned in a previous post that it is ALWAYS rescheduled for a day that we have a conflict.  AND IT WAS!  It was Tuesday night, the same night that M had her Young Women's in Excellence.  Thank goodness they also put it on for the rest of the schoolduring the day, so I could still see it.  My hubby went that evening with K, while I took the big kids to the church.  It was a crazy night, but it all worked out.

Anyway, they usually put on the regular singing songs and saying lines that you can't understand cuz they are eating the microphone.  This time it was African Drumming and STOMP.  The drums were really cool looking and they sounded great.  Each class took a different style so you weren't listening to the same beat over and over.  J even got to introduce one of the classes.  She was very excited about that because she usually doesn't get picked for speaking parts. 

(She is at the top right at the end)

I hate taking pictures in this school gym-the lighting is so bad and I can't seem to find a setting on my camera that makes them look good, so the pictures are not the best. I wasn't able to get pictures of her class during the STOMP portion of the program because their class chose a haunted theme and it was mostly dark with a few flash lights on faces.  It was a little goofy, but they had fun and that is all that matters.  Good Job J!


2 comments:

Maureen said...

This sounds like a fun night. Too bad it caused a scheduling conflict for your family.

By the way, I love the new pix at the top of your blog. Gorgeous!

Rach said...

How fun! I'm glad they mix it up a little bit. I'll be looking forward to that when my boys get older.