Monday, November 30, 2009

It Must Be Over---All the Turkey is Gone!

Our Thanksgiving vacation went by too fast and now it is back to waking up early, carpool, homework, basketball, choir, throwing, conditioning, and going to bed early.  I'm not ready for life to resume yet.

Our time off of school was nice and relaxing and full of fun times with family.  We were lucky to have my parents come over for several days to play with us.  Mostly we just visited, swam, and ate of course, but we did spend a day in Denver enjoying the nice weather.  My hubby had to work as usual that day, so he wasn't able to join in the fun.  I went back into my childhood and shared a favorite place we used to go for lunch when I was young.  Casa Bonita.  It has been several years since we went so the big kids were the only ones that had been.  It was all new to the little girls and they had a blast.  The food is not as good as it used to be, except for the sopapillas (YUM), but the atmostphere is fun.  We were seated right next to the waterfall so we had a great view of all the shows.  K was so close in fact, that the gorilla almost landed on her when we was "escaping".  She didn't scream, but the kid behind us sure did.  He was terrified and didn't settle down for a long time.  She thought that was fun.  We explored Black Bart's Hideout, the cave, the mine, the jail, and of course, we stopped for some Penny Candy on the way out. 




Then it was off to Jumpstreet for some exercise.  It was a bit more crowded than the last time we went but the kids had a great time jumping and jumping and jumping some more.  Did you know that an hour of jumping on a tramp burns 1000 calories?  I think I know what I want for Christmas!  Anyway, they even took in several games of Dodgeball.




Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out nice.  Along with my parents, we were lucky to have my hubby's parents and his brother and wife join us as well.  It was nice to visit with them and have each set of parents catch up with each other.  I met my hubby in my home ward, so our parents were friends way back when.  It was a good day especially since all the food turned out and it all tasted so good.


But now is back to the grind for another 3 weeks and then more time off.  HURRAY!  I love Christmas and I am so happy that we had good weather to get our outside lights up already.  Now, this week will be spent decorating the inside.  Happy December Everyone!



1 comment:

Maureen said...

I agree with you ... the breaks never last long enough to suit me. And Casa Bonita is a hoot! We went there when we first moved here and thought it was a kick. Stan had to work the holiday so I can appreciate what you went though when your hubby had to work. Why can't we be independently weathy???