Monday, November 9, 2009

Wicked This Way Come!


This last Saturday I went to Denver with some girlfriends and saw the musical production of WICKED.  My hubby and I were lucky enough to see it last time it came to Denver and we loved it, so I jumped at the chance to see it again.  He was actually bummed that it was just for the girls this time.  Anyway, we went up early that day (some the night before) and walked around the 16th Street Mall.  We stopped for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory as well before seeing the matinee showing.  That was the first time eating there and I must say--the cheesecake is to die for.  The lunch was so good we were full,  but you can't go away without having dessert  We all shared slices.  A friend and I split a piece of White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, but I also was able to taste the Lemon Raspberry and the Chocolate Coconut Creme.  DELISH!!


I must say that I enjoyed the performance much better the second time.  Maybe because I knew what details to look for or maybe I was just more observant this time.  No matter the reason, I loved it again.  It was fun to be with friends--one even flew in for the weekend having moved after we bought the tickets--and enjoy the "girl time".  Maybe we should make this a habit ladies!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm sorry the hubby was bummed, but sometimes we need just some time with the girls, don't we??

Rach said...

It was a wicked good time!! Looking at your pictures makes me want some more cheesecake. Mmmmmm, cheesecake.

Jean McKendrick said...

I LOVED Wicked!!!! I have only seen it once (this year) but will go back if I ever get the chance. It's better than the other Broadway productions I've seen!!