So this year's Valentine's Day was a bit different than normal, even though some things stayed the same.
For one, I didn't go to any school parties this year. K is the only one left in elementary school and her teacher wasn't making it a big deal this year. I still would have gone though if I hadn't been over to a friend's house all day helping her move. It was hard to say goodbye and yes, I didn't leave her without tears shed by both of us. I am sad she is leaving, but know that we will keep in touch and if I ever get down to see my sister I can visit her too.
Add a couple of Ortho appointments and some other running around, I wasn't as prepared for the big night as I have been in the past. T decided the day before to make dinner for his girlfriend, so I helped with that. I was not too thrilled that he waited til the last minute to tell me of his plans, but I thought it was sweet he wanted to do that for her. That meant our heart shaped pizza needed to be eaten early to make way for the surprise dinner for TWO. Great job with the Chicken Parmesan, T.
We played games downstairs and then it was time for the fondue. With all the busyness going on, I had no time to get any fondue or find a recipe, so I tried melting some chocolate and it didn't work, so we just ate the fruit and it was still good. What a failure to not be ready for Valentine's Day. But I think everyone still had a nice time and we were together so I guess that is okay.
I thought it was so sweet that my hubby surprised his girls with roses this year...they thought that was the coolest thing ever.
Of course, I couldn't be left out, so here are my tulips from my honey.
I did manage to leave a little note on the bathroom mirror for my hubby too..
Even though it was a chaotic day, it was fun being with family and eating chocolate.
OTHER WEEKEND NEWS!
J had a sleepover with a few friends this past weekend. I just have to say....I love these girls.
These three get along better than any friends I know. (Their birthdays are within 6 weeks of each other) They are all sweet and loving and accommodating with each other. It is a joy to have them in our home and I am so glad that J has these girls to hang out with. They all get to go to Girl's Camp together this year for the first time and be in YW's. I am sure that they will always be BFF's!
Also I had to post a picture of our Sunday dinner.....Panera Night!
I always seem to be racking my brain on Saturday night on what to eat for Sunday dinner. My hubby and I got the great idea of buying the bread bowls at Panera and having soup. Ok, so most of the family liked them.....I thought it was wonderful. I made Corn Chowder and it tasted yummy! I guess you have to be older to appreciate those kinds of dinners.
Class Picture
14 years ago
3 comments:
Our Valentines was low key...(for obvious reasons). That was sweet of T to make his cute girlfriend dinner (with Mom's help). ;o)
Who wouldn't want bread bowls for Sunday dinner? YUM!
Delish! what a great idea soup bread bowls!
Oooo! We all LOVE potato cheese soup in bread bowls! That's a family fav.
Great pics! Way to go T with the V-day plans. That's one lucky girl!
Love the beautiful flowers, too!
Post a Comment