The last 2 days have been snow days for school......Hurray! I love no school days when I can sleep in and spend the day with my kids. Normally we just hang out at home, but sometimes we go do something, even if it is out to lunch or something. But these 2 days have been so frigid that we don't even want to venture out of the house. I am talking ARCTIC COLD.........frostbite in 2 minutes cold.......unbearably and down right BRRRRRRRR! Our high yesterday was -4 and that was what was on the thermometer. Add in the wind chill and it was -35. I have never been in that cold of weather ever in my life. We didn't get very much snow with this storm, but lots of wind. I opened the front door to let someone in yesterday and that was enough for me to stay in ALL DAY LONG! And I did. It was great. Never made it out of my jammies....none of us did. Although, poor hubby had to go to work still. We stayed in and did puzzles, watched movies, played Wii and computer and made sugar cookies. It was delightful. I must say that I am very grateful for a nice warm house to live in at this time. Just going out to the garage to throw the trash away makes you want to bundle up in your winter coat complete with a hat and gloves. I can not express my happiness that we have enough money to have a house for one, but to be able to heat it to stay toasty warm in this storm.
Today it is warmer.......1 degree......yes, we are finally on the plus, but then again factor in the wind and it feels like -22. YIKES!!! Can't wait for 30 degree weather again! School is out again today, so movies and baking have been the agenda for the day. K has a writing assignment due about "how to" do something. So we decided to make these today so she could write about them......
I love soft pretzels and I haven't made them in quite awhile. They are yummy. We ended up making another batch of just pretzel sticks to take to the class when she presents her project. She was a big help today.
I have enjoyed these lazy days, but long for warmer weather. We should have a day or two of 40 degrees before the next single digit storm invades our area. I am trying to think Happy Thoughts.......beach......flip flops.......shorts.......That won't last long when I leave the house in a few minutes to go to an appointment. I will be hit with reality the second I leave the car!
Class Picture
14 years ago
4 comments:
So cold! And you have GOT to share the recipe for those things! They look YUM!
Oh my gosh, for us California girls this has been some kind of culture shock! It has been nice staying in and enjoying spending time with each other and snarfing comfort food though. But I sure hope it warms up soon!
Yeah, I'm done with winter and it has even been that bad this year!I'll dream of the beach and flip flops with you.
Burr that is cold! I haven't been in that cold of weather for a loonngg time. Sounds like a perfect day or couple at home to bake, hang out and do nothing!!
Post a Comment