Monday, February 7, 2011

It is About Time!

So, we have been in our home for almost 8 years.  And in that amount of time, I have painted every single room in it....even finished the basement.....EXCEPT one!  The living room has never been painted. 
It was still in the flat white that the builders painted it when it was built.  I have hated that room and you would think it would have been one of the first rooms I would paint upon moving in.  Not so...it has high ceilings and we don't own a ladder tall enough to reach the top.  AND one wall goes up and over into the kitchen and so I was worried about a color clashing with the kitchen colors.  For months now, I have toyed with the colors and tried to figure out what to do.  You ask my hubby and he would say beige.   Our family room is beige and a whole house of beige would be awfully boring.  I jazzed up our basement with fun colors, but this room is the first one people see when they come into our home, and the walls are so big that it was intimidating........until now!  I hired a painter and now I finally have a finished living room.  I went out of my comfort zone a bit and I love it!!!  And the best part....I didn't have to do it.  It was worth every dime!
What do you think???  I was worried about the blue couches, but I think they look okay.  I love the dark blue in the bay window so much that I am going to paint my half wall that same blue (it has been a light blue since I painted the kitchen) It is hard cuz now I want to change some things up and that will cost lots of money.....new LARGE picture about the couch.....mirror.....bench/coat rack......entry light.....you name it.  All in good time I guess.

7 comments:

Em said...

yay for no more boring walls!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom says it would be fun to see the before pix along side the after.

The room looks bright & cherry and looks like great.

Holly said...

Dontcha love it when you get pay someone else to paint? Nice. :o)

Tara said...

Oh I love it! The color really makes the windows POP!

As for a big picture above the couch, I think we need to make some huge frames & put the Sacred Grove black & white pic in it. I think I told you about the ones my sis & mom made in RS? That would be so cool with your coffee table & I really want one, too! Let's get Jason to build us some!!

COKE FAMILY said...

I love the new color! It's always scary to do color but it looks great!

May said...

It looks great! Good job!! Now finding the perfect picture!:)

Tonya said...

oh my word. I haven't looked at blogs for some time, it was fun to catch up on your blog. Painting a room is always so fun(not the work but the outcome) I also understnad the blog about having a blah week...I have had a blah few months so I understand