Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Five

This girl is growing up into one beautiful young lady.  She turned 15 today and I can't believe it!

She had a great day...at least I think she did.  First off , there was no school due to a Staff Development day.  She was so excited cuz she is the only child in the family that has to go to school on her birthday.  K has hers during spring break and the other 2 have theirs in the summertime.  She has always felt jilted that she didn't get a free day.  So today she was in heaven.

Because of no school, that meant a sleepover last night.  It was an "ODD" year this year, so technically she was not to have a friend party.  I thought having a couple of friends over was not a so called party, so 3 came over for pizza, games, and movies.  Unfortunately only one could spend the night, but they still had a great time together.

This morning started with bacon and eggs for breakfast...her request.  Then a movie of her choice....Tron! complete with popcorn and soda.  Then dinner out to Red Robin with gifts and an ice cream cake afterwards.


I always take the kids out to lunch, just the two of us, to celebrate.  Since I knew we would be having the yummy and filling burgers and fries at Red Robin, I took her out to lunch the day before to Subway.  It is always nice to spend time with each of my kids and just talk.

I am so lucky to be this girl's mom.  She is fun to have around, a great student and she makes me laugh.  And now she is old enough to drive.  Oh my!

Happy Birthday M!

3 comments:

karen.mckay.palmer said...

Wonderful memories of you/Melanine at that age. Just look at this pix. You certainly are Mother & Daughter in every way.

Hugs & Love from Mom

Maureen said...

Wow you two sure do look alike! What a beautiful daughter you have. She is growing up fast...enjoy each moment to the fullest!

Tara said...

You really DO look so much alike! I love it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one of her with her cake!!! She is absolutely beautiful (inside AND out!!)