My family life will never be the same again......ever again! The life I am used to and know is over. It sounds horrible so let me explain!
All my married life up until this summer was living with my husband....having kids....raising those kids to be independent, respectful, happy people. That has been my life as a mother...being with my kids! I love my kids more than they will ever understand (until they have children of their own)...I actually love being around my children. I couldn't say that when they were little as I loved my free time alone, but as they have gotten older, I love spending as much time with them as I can. I love when they are all home and we are sitting around together watching a movie, or playing a game, or just talking and laughing. When one is missing for any reason, I look forward to that time that they return to the roost.....gotta have all my chicks together. So this has been my life......until this moment. The moment that I have done all this for.....the moment that I spent the last 19 years working towards....the moment that I have dreaded!....the moment that the first chick leaves his momma hen and ventures out on his own. My life will never be the same again....all my children will not live under the same roof again (at least not for very long at a time) My children are growing up and becoming adults themselves and making their own lives away from us. That is how it is suppose to be.......my head knows that. But I need someone to tell that to my heart!.....
T spent the last week home working on his room.......throwing things out (finally) and giving away the clothes he doesn't like......taking down pictures and certificates off the walls.....boxing up things he wanted to protect from his sisters.....clearing everything out. It was hard to see him doing that....all those memories being stored away.
It was also a time to refresh his memory on how to sew on a button and how to fold shirts for packing. I wrote out some of his favorite recipes so just in case he gets the urge to cook or bake, he will have a little bit of home to enjoy.
The mission papers said to bring 8-10 ties. Do you think he has enough?......
He told me that he still didn't have enough. We counted.......26! He said it was his way of expressing himself since a white shirt and dark pants are all he will be wearing......I can understand that.
The final tally.......2 suitcases, one hanging garment bag and a stuffed backpack! He said he feels like a girl with all this stuff! Gotta last you 2 years son!
So even though life will never be the same, it will be a good life. It will just take some getting used to. It is gonna be full of more memories and good times....life is still good (just different)
Class Picture
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment