Thursday, August 26, 2010

Batter Up!

School has been in session for 3 weeks now and we are in full swing. . . .  I am talking sports!!  The fall sports season has started, tryouts are over, and the first competitions are happening.  With 2 kids in high school, I am in for a real ride.  I thought it was hard last year, but I think it will take a lot of ingenuity to work the schedules this year.  T is running Cross Country again and has his first scrimmage meet this Saturday.  M made the JV softball team and her first game is next Tuesday......or so I thought.

She called me at 2:30 this afternoon telling me that she might play Varsity TODAY.  I was so excited at the thought of her playing. So when I got home at 3pm, she was walking out the door in her uniform to the game.  YEA for her!!! She was thrilled.
I changed a few things up and got to the game as soon as I could.  Unfortunately I arrived too late to see her play 1st base for the first 3 innings.  I hear she did good and I was so bummed that I missed it.  I am so proud of her.  She was pretty hard on herself afterwards, but I think she did just fine for her first high school game.  What a great experience she will have this year in softball. She will learn a lot and become an even better ballplayer.  You are number one in my book girl!!!
Oh yea, they won 6-5 against Vista Ridge.  They were behind 1-5 until the 6th inning and then got 5 runs.  Way to go Scorpions!!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

How cool! And doesn't she look cute in her uniform? This is going to be a fun year!

Holly said...

YEEWHO! Way to go M! :o)

Rach said...

Awesome! I love playing softball. She must be pretty good if they let her play first base.