Thursday, August 12, 2010

Twenty One!!

Today I have been married to my best friend for 21 years. We have actually known each other for almost exactly 30 years and WOW!  That seems weird just saying that.  That is a long time and I am so happy that he stayed around.  I am sure I am not that easy to live with so I am glad that he loves me so much.  He is a wonderful man who would do anything for me.  I can't imagine my life without him and so I am grateful that we get to grow old together.

While we were in California we were able to go back to the place he proposed to me and he got down on one knee to do it all over again. . . .that is saying something.
Isn't it like the most gorgeous place ever?!

Here is a pix of the picture we took the day he popped the question. . . on the same spot as above


We also drove by the LA Temple where we were sealed and got out to walk around.  He mentioned a certain place we had a picture taken at the same time that I saw it and thought the same thing.  Crazy.  So of course, we had to take a picture in the same spot.  Somehow it doesn't look as elegant as it did all those years ago.  Is it the shorts?
Notice how much the palm trees have grown over the years.  And the light post is more "modern" now


Then a few days later, we ended up in the place we honeymooned. . . . .Lake Tahoe.  It is such a beautiful lake that I was happy to be back. 

Thanks honey for the ride these last few decades.  There have been lots of fun times and happiness.  I wish I could say it has all been rainbows and butterflies, but we have stuck together through it all and we are stronger for it.  Thanks for loving me forever and always cuz I love you that much too.  And by the way honey,  I remember that first kiss and how it made me feel. . . . cuz you still have that ability to knock me off my feet after all these years.  I love you babe!  

5 comments:

Em said...

Gratz! How fun to go back and revisit all those places!

Rach said...

Wow, 21 years!! Congratulations! Here's to another 21 (and more) years!!

Holly said...

CONGRATS to a wonderful couple! You two are great examples...HUGS to you both! :o)

Jean McKendrick said...

Happy Anniversary Melanie! 21 years is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I send our love to you on this Anniversary. Sorry that we were out of town for the day and that I didn't at lease call you.

We both send our love