OK, well some might not think it is so glorious. I, for one, this year was not ready to send my kids off to school just yet. It seems that every year I have more fun with them during the summer that it is hard to go back so early. And today I am feeling very lonely as all 4 are gone. I am sure I will enjoy my time eventually but for now, I am anxious to get them home at the end of the day.

M actually started yesterday since she is a freshman at Sand Creek High. Her grade was the only one in the building so they could get acquainted with ease. T is a LINK leader, so he was there as well helping the 9th graders find their way around. She is such a good student that most of her classes are honors classes and of course being a freshman really has no super fun electives this year. But she will do well. I hope she makes lots of new friends this year--good ones are so hard to find. She came home unhappy, saying that she was not going to like high school, which was sad. Hopefully this transition will get easier as the days go on. High school should be a fun time and I think once she gets involved in sports and after school things, it will be better. I don't want her to hate school for 4 years. You will do great M!

J also started yesterday--1st year in Horizon Middle School. I can't believe she is in 6th grade. She was very nervous but since they were the only grade in the school that day, I think that helped. But she came home so excited to go back. She was wishing for a certain teacher that her older siblings had, that we love, but she didn't get her. She did get others that we have had in the past, so I really do think that she is on a good team. I was nervous to let her go--not sure why since I wasn't with the older two. I think because she is more timid and quiet, but she did great. I am excited to see what is in store for her there. You can do it J!

I took K to school today for the first day of 3rd grade. She has the same teacher that both T and J had and she was so totally excited about that. We like her and so I am sure we will have a good year. She was so excited to go and of course, her outfit was PINK. She did look cute, but that smile of hers is so engaging that she always looks cute. It felt weird to go to elementary with only one child following near by. It will be fun to volunteer again this year and spend more time with my "baby". Have fun K!

T started today as well. 11th grade--where has the time gone. I am glad that the deadline for kindergarten all those years ago was in June, otherwise, he would be a senior and that would be awful. I am so happy that I get that extra year with him. I am not ready to let him go just yet. He actually is very excited for this school year. And that is saying something, cuz T doesn't like school. He does very well, just would rather not be there. But I know he will do great as usual and be involved in way too many things. Be good T!

Seminary also started this morning and I am loving the fact that I don't have to drive that early in the morning any more. It is nice to have T driving so he can take M too. They ended up with different teachers this year and I hope that they like them. T already knows he likes his since he had her for is 1st year. M has T's last year teacher and I think she will do fine with her. But all that matters is that they go every morning and learn from the scriptures and that I get to sleep in another hour. I'm going to love this year even if my kids don't!
School's in Session!
5 comments:
We start in 3 weeks!I am excited!
You Mom says time flys by fast so enjoy them while they are this age for tomorrow will come faster than you think. You will wake up one morning and wonder what happened.
I can't believe M's a freshman! Wow, these little ones are so little anymore. You sort of forget when they're not your own that time is moving forward.
I'm with you on the end of summer break. It's just too early! Even if I don't have kids in public school anymore, it just ends so fast. At least you can sleep in instead of driving to seminary!
Look how good of a mom you are!! So on top of it! Four kids, three different schools! Busy Busy Busy!! They are growing too fast, just like mine!
Wow, school started already?! I can't believe how grown up all your kids are getting. Nooooo. They are supposed to be little still. It happens too fast.
I am anxious for school to start, my kids are kind of getting tired of each other. We still have 2 weeks.
Post a Comment