I was quite free in my picture taking at the beach. I took pictures of everyone and with different settings and such. I have not fixed these on Photoshop or anything, so they are raw. . . that is the way I wanted them to be.
I went crazy on CLOSE UPS. . . .
Newport Beach Temple
Haley's birthday party
YUM...frosting
Crescent Bay Point
Various activities. . . .
volleyball, of course
Must have a bonfire on the beach
Taking the car ferry over to Balboa Island
Just relaxing, watching movies and playing games
And what made me think that we could get away from these...computers.
Then there are pictures taken from Balboa Pier. . . .
Can you see the dolphins?
Love the different colors in the water
You know I love sunsets
The famous RUBY'S at the end of the pier
Of course, we ate there and it was soooo good
Love this pix of M "under" the pier
With so many people in our group, that meant several cars to park. . . . 6 to be exact. The beach house had reserved spots for only 2. One of those spots was a very skinny garage, so only a couple of our cars could fit in there. This means that when one of us would leave, we would either lose our spot or move another one of our cars into that spot. We tried to not all leave at the same time. . . .normally there would be two cars gone at once. So we were constantly moving cars. This would not be a problem, but being this close to the beach, the spots are snagged very quickly. So when one person was ready to leave, we would have to get another person to pull a car around and be right there to pull in when one left. Sometimes, we had to save the spot any way we could. . . . .
This was a perfect spot, so of course, we had to save it
Thank goodness, we got it
Another spot we liked
Then on certain days, this would come by. . . .
We would have to have our cars moved off that street by 8:30am and then be ready to pull back on right after the sweeper left. When I say that, I mean, when we saw the sweeper coming, we would go get the car and follow behind him and then pull in as soon as he passed. It was a pain, but it was better than walking a mile back to the house once you found a space. By the end of the week, we had snagged the 3 spots right in front of the house. It was funny to see us scramble when we saw that someone was going to vacate a spot near by. We almost had to have our keys on our person at all times. Very comical!
What memories!
And now I can say I am finally done with my vacation posts. I know what you are all thinking. . . ."Thank goodness, I was getting tired". Well, me too, so I promise, no more!
And now I can say I am finally done with my vacation posts. I know what you are all thinking. . . ."Thank goodness, I was getting tired". Well, me too, so I promise, no more!
4 comments:
We love Balboa Beach! We have eaten at the Ruby's too. Yum!
I miss RUBY'S DINER! :) You got some great pictures. :)
These memories are # 1 in my life. Thanks to all our children who made it such a wonderful week.
You had so much fun! I've said before I wish I could've stowed away, but now I seriously wish I had! What great photos. I feel like I got to be there. Thanks for sharing them!
Post a Comment