Thursday, August 19, 2010

Goodbye Newport, Hello Pismo!

Okay so after a week of pure bliss on the Newport Beach shores, we had to pack up and say goodbye to all the gang.  We were sad to leave, but then again, we were heading out for the looooooong way home, so we still had more vacation time left.  After packing up the car, we headed out to the beach one last time.  It was a dreary looking day and the beach was quite empty, so it didn't look much like we had been used to all week.  Our emotions were mixed and we really didn't want to leave, but reality said we had to.
A true boy!
I wanted one of just T up there with his lifeguard shirt on, but the guy said no.  Wish I would have thought about it "after hours".  Oh well......next time.
I love this pix.  Only wish we would have had the tripod up so my hubby could have been in it.  That would have been a great Christmas card!
Can you tell she is sad to leave?!!!
One last chase of the birds and we are off!

On our way, we stop in Los Angeles to see the temple.  Beverly Hills is just down the street so of course we have to drive down the famous Rodeo Drive.  Shopping anyone?
Can you just see Julia Roberts walking down the street with the song "Pretty Woman"playing in the background?

We also had to stop in Woodland Hills to see the house that my hubby grew up in.  It has changed like crazy, but he had fun reminiscing about the good ole days.  I think by now the kids were tired of seeing all the places we "grew up" in.

Our final stop for today is Pismo Beach. 
I love this beach. . . . .my hubby and I have stayed here before and had so much fun.  The waves here are much smaller than Newport and there are more of them.  The sand is so fine and luxurious.  We could really walk way out there and not get too wet. This is the place that you can drive your car onto the sand.  Way cool, just don't get to close to the dry sand as you will get stuck and have to be towed out.  Anyway, we had a great time walking along the beach digging for clams and searching for sand dollars.  Unfortunately we only found 2 whole sand dollars.  I was surprised as we have always been able to find many.  After walking the beach forever, we decided we needed to check into our hotel and get some dinner.

I just love the sun shining on the water.  Oh how I love the beach!
T's famous pose
This seagull was so funny as he would not let go of this chip bag
Love this pix of K walking the beach
Our clam stash!
Love this pix of my son
Can't go to California and not get pix in front of palm trees.  That would just be wrong!!
I have to tell you about this pix above.  After we had finished walking the beach, we needed to get the sand off.  Because the sand was so fine, it was hard to get off our feet, so being the great mother I am, I wiped off every ones feet with a towel.  My hubby was last and so I had no idea that T was talking pix of us while sitting in the car.  It was just too funny at the time especially since he took like 10 pictures of my backside.  The kids thought it was funny that I had put my flip flops in my back pockets, but I thought it was genius so I didn't have to carry them in my hands.  I'm a beach girl, what can I say!!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

These are great pictures. I am missing being there so much. I love Pismo. Stan grew up there, and we always enjoy there, Morro Bay, Los Osos, etc. Wish I could have stowed away with your family!

Holly said...

Mel, You got some great pics! We are going to Huntington Beach for a tourney. I just hope we get to see the beach... ;)