Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Celebration!

Yep, it is time to celebrate today as it is my hubby's birthday.  HiP HiP HuRRaY!!!


I hate when birthdays fall in the middle of the week cuz there never seems to be enough time to celebrate right with work, school and anything else that makes life crazy! 

Today was a crazy day--starting with me having to be out the door before my hubby even woke up.  I did wish him a happy birthday before getting out of bed (which he doesn't remember me doing).  That is okay since sleep is really what he would want for his birthday anyway.  One birthday gift he got this morning was a flat tire when he got in the car to go to work. 
I usually take him to lunch since I have no kids to worry about...but again, it was crazy and that didn't happen either.  Thank goodness he came home from work cuz that was when it all settled down and we could actually start to celebrate.

We went out to dinner at Red Robin---gotta love those fries.  It was very tasty and there was no wait...I like that combination.  We came home and he opened his presents.  Not sure what his favorite one was, but he was very excited about the Harry Potter movie tickets. (and so glad that we get to enjoy that present with him) 

Afterwards, we played his new game and ate homemade cherry pie with ice cream. (his request instead of cake)  A great time was had by all!

Happy Birthday to my honey!  We love you!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday! You two are the cutest couple, and you have such a nice husband. Looks like you guys really did it up. I know what you mean about birthdays falling in the middle of the week. But hey--do your husband and my son share a birthday?? How cool is that? They must be great guys! :D

Holly said...

HAPPY BELATED, bday, Karl! FUN! :o)

Em said...

Fun! Now I want pie.

Rach said...

Happy Birthday!! Have fun seeing Harry Potter!