Monday, November 22, 2010

God's Creation

Seriously, I love my sleep.  The only thing I would sacrifice my sleep for is my family.  Ok, and work now!  But that is not as fun as family.  Anyway, in order to smell good for the kiddos at school, a shower is necessary in the wee hours of the morning.  Most mornings are very um-drum, but this particular morning last week was very colorful.  I couldn't resist taking pictures from my upstairs window....ok so I was straddling the bathtub...but hey, I got the shot didn't I?!

 The pix below was taken just 15 minutes later and within a few more minutes all that gorgeous color was gone.
It is so amazing what was created just for us to enjoy while we are here on earth.  And if we don't take the time to enjoy it, it will be gone and we will have missed it. 

5 comments:

Holly said...

BEAUTIFUL! :o)

Rach said...

Gorgeous!! ALMOST makes me want to get up early!! =)

Jean McKendrick said...

Beautiful pictures Melanie! Thanks for sharing.

COKE FAMILY said...

It was an amazing sunrise. I'm so glad I was in the family room. Even though through the blinds it first looked like something was on fire. Wish I would have had the presence of mind to grab a camera! Maybe that's why you're the teacher and I'm not!

Maureen said...

There is something about the early morning. You can get the feeling that all that beauty is just for you. So glad you got and shared the pix!