Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble Gobble

We had a very nice Thanksgiving this year.  It was all good.....the weather, the food, the company, the activities, the conversations....all of it.

We tend to have very quiet turkey dinners at our house these days.  We don't go anywhere...I always cook.  But for the 2nd year in a row, we were lucky to have both sets of grandparents to dinner.  My hubby's parents just live 20 minutes away so they came and my parents drove over from Utah to join us.  It was fun to have them all with us.  We had your traditional dinner....turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green beans, jello salad, rolls and pumpkin pie.  We did add some non-traditional items as well....fresh pineapple and for dessert, cherry pie and chocolate cream pie.  In fact, everyone voted down the pumpkin pie but my father asked me to make one, so I did....I would do anything for my dad.  It was all very yummy.


I had a nice visit with my parents.  They actually came a day earlier than planned as they heard a storm was coming...a blizzard was forcasted and all of Utah was suppose to brace for this massive storm.  It fizzled out and they hardly got anything, but I was fine with that cuz it got my parents here early. 

We played games, the kids swam every day at the hotel pool, we shopped, we watched movies and the kids were just plain goofy.


 they were making a "sour" face
But the time was cut short as....get this.......another storm was coming on the days they were suppose to travel home, so .....they left 2 days early.  I was very bummed.  There was still things we wanted to do together.  But I would rather have them travel home safely, so I guess it is not the end of the world.  I am just glad that they could come and visit. 
Thanks for coming mom and dad....we had a great time

I am so thankful for family and the time I got to spend with them this week, but I am also grateful for good friends.  I was lucky enough to get to spend some time with a friend that I met 16 years ago.  She moved into my ward in Pueblo and I was assigned to be her visiting teacher.  We became instant friends and I am so glad that we are still in touch.  She moved way up north 11 years ago and so we don't get to see each other very often.  Her oldest daughter and T are the same age and decided it was time again to get together.  So her and her mom came down for the day yesterday.  Actually she needed to get lots of shopping done, so she dropped L off at our house so she and T could hang out together for the day.  We met up with her that night at the Air Force Academy to watch the girls team play volleyball.  It was so fun to visit with her and catch up and I know T had a great time with L.  Life long friends are far and few between and I am so happy that she is one of them.  Thanks Rhonda for taking the time to come down.  Let's do it again soon.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm so glad your parents made it! It looks like you had YUMMY food & lots of fun!

Holly said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry about our 'silly' weather men out here...it drive truly was a crazy drive home. Love all the kids pics! :P

Tonya said...

awesome photos! man you have posted a lot since I checked last...im still going :)