Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let the Concerts Begin!

Tonight was the first concert of the holiday season in our family.  K was so excited to hit 3rd grade for many reasons...one being that she was able to join the school choir.  Each year they practice for months after school to perform a holiday concert.  They sang several songs including a Christmas one where they got to wear Santa hats.  K did a great job and looked like she had fun.  I was lucky enough to get to see the performance twice today as they performed it for the whole school during the day (I was subbing).

Tonight, though, I was watching her and thought that she looked older to me.  I don't know why I thought that, but she seemed more grownup to me as she stood up there singing......taller maybe?  When she turned to the side and I saw her hair, it looked longer and older.  I know that probably doesn't make sense, but she just seemed like she should be in 5th grade instead of 3rd.  Why is that?  She did look very cute up there no matter.  I am so glad that the music teacher finally got wise and decided to re-use the tshirts from last year.  We have had to buy a new shirt every year and I have had a child in choir for more years than I want to think.  That is a lot of tshirts, so I was glad she said to use these ones. 

You did great tonight K!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I can't believe it...she's such a beautiful little lady! I miss those concerts...