Wednesday, November 10, 2010

XC!

We are just wrapping up seasons left and right.  Tonight T had his Cross Country Banquet (or should I say Dessert)  No dinner, just cake and cookies.  Which is fine with me...I love desserts.  Anyway, I went to support T and my hubby went to support M at YW's while the little girls stayed home.  I hate when we have to split up, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Tonight T received his "letter" for being on Varsity for the season.  That means 2 more pins to add to his lettermans jacket.  He also was awarded Academic All State First Team for having a 3.69 GPA.  Never heard of that before, but what a great accomplishment.  Good runner and good grades to boot.  Good Job Bud!
They have what they call the "Top Seven".  During the season, if you come in 1st for the school at a meet, then you get the #1 shirt, 2nd Sand Creeker to finish is #2 and so forth until #7.  It could change every week depending on how well you run at each meet.  This year T was #2 for the whole season.  His PR was 19.53  made at Regionals.  He was so thrilled to get under 20.00.  At the end of the year, the top 7 runners for both boys and girls are given their own t-shirt to keep.  And so T got his #2 shirt.  How awesome is that!!  And he and his friend were named captains for next years boys team.  Again.....awesome.

He is going to have a fabulous time next year.  We are so proud of you T.  Did I mention you are Awwwwe.....some!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

First...Oh my how he's grown! Now on to WAHOOO! Well done T!!!!!

Tara said...

That IS awesome! You have amazing kids, Melanie. ALL of them! You must be doing something right!