Monday, December 13, 2010

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Ok, so maybe we aren't really rockin' AROUND the tree, but our tree is rockin!!!! We decorated our tree tonight for FHE.

Every year the tree is so different, which means that we tend to decorate it differently too.  Some may not have as many strings of lights, some may have more lights and less ornaments.  Either way, we never can get all the lights on it or all the ornaments we have.  Our tree is 11 feet high and there is still not enough room.  But we have our favorites that always go on the tree no matter what.  Some of them are.....

Our First Christmas together.  The fire didn't burn anymore, but this year my hubby fixed it and now it's flamin'.

The train crossing I gave my hubby a couple of years after we were married

M has her many Harry Potter ones

And T has his airplanes..these are only a few of his collection

J said this one was her favorite, even though she got it several years ago

K's favorite is her bears we got way back in July in Yosemite and put away until now

There are plenty to go around, each with a different story.  It is fun to open each box and remember why it is so special to us. 

We had a nice relaxing time tonight and I think the end result is outstanding.  Now we just need some presents to go under it.

7 comments:

Holly said...

GREAT tree...I love decorating the tree together.

Tara said...

It looks fantastic! I'm also glad to hear that the "fire is still burnin'"! ha ha!! antra

Tara said...

Ok... so for some reason that last word was actually the word verification and I must have typed it on my comment. I think I'm losing my mind...

Rach said...

What are you talking about - that fire has been burning since 1989!! Looks good!

Maureen said...

Wow, I was probably sitting outside your house taking a picture of your pretty lights while you all were in decorating your tree! Looks like a lot of fun. I love to get ornaments and give ornaments for Christmas!

COKE FAMILY said...

So fun...it took us over a week after putting the tree up to decorate it. I love getting ornaments from trips. We bought some while in South Dakota in September. I hid them and can't remember where. Duh... Great tree!

Tonya said...

Oh you make me laugh...We are so much alike it is funny! We should have been sisters...lol I posted almost the exact same things tonight. I love your fun ornaments. Taylor and Megan have the same HP one...lol. I also laughed at the "fire is still burning" comment...ha ha ha! funny :)