Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Scorpion Hoops!!

It is girl's basketball season and M is playing for Sand Creek.  She has played bball for 5 years and she was very unsure if she wanted to continue in high school.  She likes the sport, but doesn't love it anymore.  She went back and forth but decided to try it.  I think she is still uncertain but none the less, she made the JV team and has had 2 games so far.  I think she is doing pretty good for her first high school games.  High school is so much different than middle school--more competitive and aggressive and time consuming.  Life revolves around basketball when it is in season.  I know all too well how it goes---I played way back when.  We practiced during holiday breaks, had tournaments right after Christmas...I breathed and slept bball.  But I loved it ....truly loved the sport!  M isn't really that in to it so it is harder for her, but I give her credit for going for it and sticking with it. 
I am proud of her!  This last game she got more aggressive and in the action more.  She would rather stay on the outside than get scrappy.  So I am happy for her "getting in there" and showing the other team a thing or two.  She plays part of every quarter and is learning a lot from these coaches and the other players.  (at least I think so---she might tell you something differently)
Yep, she is the one on the floor!

It is a long season---stretching into February---so my behind is going to get very sore from all the bleacher sitting I will be doing.  But again, I love the sport, so I will endure!  Good Luck M and you are AWESOME!!
GO SCORPIONS!!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Ah, this brings me back when I was a pointguard. Loved it! I was definitely the scrappy player. Well done M! Wish I could come and watch you...

Maureen said...

Oh wow, I hadn't heard she'd made the team. Good for her! I hope, even if she's uncertain, that she had a fun time and a wonderful experience. And Mom took some great shots too!

Tara said...

I think she's like her momma and will excel in ANY sport! Way to go M!

Now, what about her hand? I hear she slammed her fingers in a door. Can she still play?

Mel said...

We will see Tara. It was pretty bad. I have not seen her since last night and she is at practice right now. It will be interesting to see how she did today. Poor girl!