So I can't believe we actually had the time to decorate a gingerbread house this year. We never got around to it last year, so I decided that if we were going to do it, then we would have to do a shortcut.
Normally, I bake the gingerbread from scratch, cut it into pieces, make the icing and have lots of variety of candies on hand...some specific ones like red hots, neckos and candy canes. It takes a lot of time and money to get it all together. I knew that was not going to happen this year, so I had to make a choice. Not do it, or pick up a pre-made kit for $10. I didn't want to not do it again this year, so we took the easy way out. The girls helped me while my hubby took pictures and T just watched and kept saying he just wanted to eat it without putting it together. He finally got out graham crackers and started putting a little one together while we finished up. It turned out okay, I guess. I know we will have a good time eating it!! Thank goodness for FHE or another year would have gone by without it.
Class Picture
14 years ago
3 comments:
Tell Megan, I like her necklace. Did she make it?
Hey, it doesn't matter how it's done...just as long as you do it as a family! LOVE IT!
Gingerbread houses are a Christmas tradition in our family too. I am glad we are at grandmas so she can supervise! :)
Post a Comment