Saturday, March 12, 2011

Her First Big Throw!

Today was M's first high school Track Meet.  She is still throwing the discus as she did in middle school. AND she was asked to participate in the Varsity meet.  Way to go girl---you are in the big leagues now! 

In the past she has just stood there and thrown, but her coach this year is having her spin to throw it.  She is not happy about that as she does really well just standing.  But I think she threw well for spinning.....74.2 feet.  She was not happy with her performance but I thought it was a great start to her high school career.  She is not feeling confident in her spinning but with more practice, she is going to throw it out of the park...ok maybe not that far, but she will rock it for sure!



I am proud of her and hopes she pats herself on the back for trying her hardest. She really did a great job! 

2 comments:

Holly said...

WAY TO GO, M!!!! Your Mama is your biggest fan (and I can't blame her)...rock star! :o)

karen.mckay.palmer said...

wAY TO GO m. Ask your Uncle Mark how far he threw the shot put. He was the best in his school and got his name on display.