Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What happened???

When we were in Pueblo this last weekend watching M throw the discus, we decided to run by our old house and see it.  I was there for a funeral last year and saw how horrible it looked and got pictures on my cell phone.  But my hubby was anxious to see it in person.  It has even gotten worse since I saw it and we were stunned at how run down it looked.  Here is a picture of our house when we lived in it......
Look at all the bushes and trees and the lovely green lawn....the nice wood blinds in the front windows.  Even though it is an old house, it was really the best house on the block.  You have to know that area of town we lived in was a very old part of town and not too far down the street was the start of the not so good part of the area, but it was a great first house and we really made it home.  (We put that lawn in ourselves with a lot of blood, sweat and tears)

Well, this is the house today......

Granted it is winter and the other picture was summer, but YIKES!  We were so shocked and very sad that it now looks this bad.  Rocks instead of lawn....no bushes or trees or anything growing at all there.  The paint is peeling off, the wood blinds were replaced with verticals and cardboard in some windows, the gate that we built is gone....even the lilacs we had growing down the side of the house are gone and everything is rock.  (low maintenance, I guess)   It now looks like all the other houses down the street and is by far, not the nicest house at all anymore.  We couldn't help but wonder what the inside looks like now.

We had that house and yard looking sooooooo good and now, the only word I can think of is, YUCK!  Life goes on I guess and things change but all that hard work to keep that place looking beautiful is down the drain.  I am sure the old lady next door doesn't think we were the worst neighbors after all (inside joke)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Holy Moly! That's the saddest before and after pix I've ever seen on a house. How awful that the new owners care so little about what was once a really nice house.

Tara said...

Yikes! I can imagine how sad that must make you! I hope that one day someone will love this house as much as I have... =(

Jean McKendrick said...

I have tried to comment a couple of different times on different posts and for some reason I couldn't. I love your St. Patty's day decorations! Your first house is very disappointing, so much hard work on your part and now this!? I am sorry, that has to be somewhat emotional for you. I think your blog book is amazing, good work Melanie!