Tuesday, March 29, 2011

NINE!!

My baby girl turned 9 on Sunday and she looked so gorgeous in her baptism dress going to church.  A year ago to the day, she wore that dress for the first time after she was baptized by her brother.  I was sad that I had an early morning meeting and I wasn't there to wish her Happy Birthday first thing that morning.

Since it was a Sunday, she got to pick out the dinner for the day.  She picked homemade pizza.......YUMO!

and then she wanted crescent rolls and green beans........

Weird combination, but hey, it is her birthday and I was happy to give her what she wanted.  She also got to pick out her cake.  She wanted a bear, but decided that this one was pretty cute too.

It is a "cookie dough ice cream and vanilla cake" doggy cake from BR.  It was very good and we are happy that there is extra left over.

She was happy to get some fun gifts this year.  Of course, she wanted bears, bears, and more bears.  But I decided that she got enough of those at Christmas, so opted for other things, like clothes, her very own alarm clock, crafts, color books, and LPS. 

I always have to get a pic with the birthday child since I am behind the camera for the group shot.  That is so okay with me!!

Thank goodness that Grandma heard her bear pleas......(grandma is awesome)
She was sad that Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be here this year as she wanted but she loves the bear, so thanks Grandma!!!

Since we always go out to the restaurant of the birthday person's choice AND it was a Sunday, we went out to Chuck E Cheese the next night.
I know she just goes there for the games, but I am happy that she didn't pick ITZ (their pizza is gross).  The kids always have so much fun, and I must admit, I do love Skeeball!


**This game shocked you as you held the handles...you were suppose to see how long you could hold on.  T had it to high power and held on the whole time...he got only 6 tickets for his efforts.

We all had a great time playing and eating.  K even got her very own individual pizza.

They have a "sketchbook" where you can get a picture of yourself sketched to take home.  We do this every time we come, but have only tried it with a max of 3 people.  I decided that we needed to try and squeeze all 6 of us in one pix.  T came from behind the seat to get in at the top.  I am sure we looked ridiculous to everyone around us, but it turned out pretty good.
Happy Birthday to you K!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Last picture is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! Happy birthday, K! I remember watching you walk down the halls at church with a sippy cup in one hand and a smile on your face! Can't believe your 9!! :o)