Friday, March 25, 2011

Love This!

Yes, I say it all the time and I will keep saying it.....I love volleyball!  It has been a passion of mine for the last 30 years. (Ok, stop doing the math on that...yes I am old)  I played it in high school, then I played it in college.  I even played it after graduation with my young single adult group.  I played it with my husband for all these years and just in the last couple of years, I have even played it with my son.  Maybe I will even play it with my grandchildren....but that it still years away :)

But second to playing it, I love watching it.  Mostly when it is my son playing. He is getting to be quite good.  Afterall, he does come from good genes! 
Volleyball season has started at Sand Creek High, even though they do not technically have a school team.  T worked so hard to find a coach and enough people to play and was victorious.  It is like a club league.  They play teams from all over including Denver teams.  In fact, this week they had games at Regis High in Aurora.  So I filled the van with players and trucked on up there to watch their 2 games.
They lost both, but played better than anticipated.  The teams they were playing were very good and looked like they had been playing together for years.  T and one other kid are the only ones that played last year, so they are new to each other. 
They could have won a couple of those games and I was so proud of all of those kids for putting forth such an effort.  It will be fun to see them improve throughout the season.
Go Scorps!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Volleyball! It is amazing. Lets get our families together and play once it gets a little warmer! You guys will crush us I'm sure. Great pictures by the way!